Ducted Reverse Cycle Service Canberra
What happens when we service your ducted reverse cycle air conditioning?
Regularly servicing your ducted reverse cycle air conditioner will ensure it runs efficiently and lasts longer. Your ducted reverse cycle air conditioner is a valuable asset, much like a car — annual servicing and preventative maintenance will ensure your system is working when you need it most. The last thing you need is a broken air conditioner on a 40-degree summer day or a cold July night.
With Canberra’s cold winters and brutal summers, it is more important than ever to get a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service every year! During a service, our technicians will check and clean filters and inspect your ductwork to ensure your valuable heating or cooling energy isn’t disappearing into your roof space!
Keep cool with a premium ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service
Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning is a fantastic solution for cooling or heating your entire home. But because it is a whole home solution consisting of an outdoor unit and a ceiling or under the floor-mounted indoor unit, you can’t escape to a different room in the house when ducted air conditioning is not working. Finding out that you need a ducted reverse cycle service in the middle of summer is never fun, but Climate Plus’ ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service will fix it in no time.
Methodical and complete ducted reverse cycle service
Climate Plus has over 20 years of experience servicing and maintaining Canberra’s air conditioning systems, so you can turn to us confidently when you need ducted air conditioning repair. If you suspect your ducted air conditioning is broken, we will conduct a rigorous 11-point ducted air conditioning service from top to bottom. We check every part of your system, including all the fittings, ducts, refrigerant supplies and electronics. We manually measure the supply and return air temperatures to ensure correct readings. Climate Plus will fix any problems with our advanced ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service in Canberra.
Signs you need a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service
While many issues are common for all types of air conditioners, ducted air conditioners, in particular, are susceptible to unique issues you won’t find in other units due to their size and complexity. Common issues with ducted air conditioners include:
- Damaged ductwork — As its name implies, ducts are essential to a ducted air conditioner’s performance. Since ducts are often made from rubber or bendable plastic, they are susceptible to general wear and tear, like tears, punctures or joints coming loose. Damaged ductworks cause condensation outside the ductwork, leading to corrosion and declining your unit’s lifespan. While patching damages offers a short-term solution, replacing ductwork is the best long-term solution.
- Blocked or dirty ducts — Ducts provide the ideal pathways for rats or mice to breed, causing extensive damage to ducts and the release of excess air to fill wall space and the roof instead of the house, increasing your energy bill. Any waste left behind from pests will compromise the quality of air expelled from your unit. Gaps in air ducts will also cause the absorption of dust, dirt, and other pollutants, affecting the air quality of your home, especially if you or a loved one has respiratory health issues.
- An inadequate supply of ducts — Any deficiencies in the return system of your ducts will make it harder for your unit to heat or cool air in the house. Any rooms lacking sufficient airflow will benefit from a ducted reverse cycle service.
- Insulation issues — Having damaged, decayed, or ineffective insulation will cause your unit to operate less effectively and may result in your home being inefficiently heated or cooled.
- Jammed zoning motors — Ducted air conditioning systems have motors that control airflow into different rooms. If these fail, energy will be wasted, directing air into rooms that don’t require it. A ducted reverse cycle service will ensure these motors are in working order to distribute airflow.
- Dirty system coils — Condenser and evaporator coils collect dirt and dust over time. The build-up of dirt will reduce airflow and affect heat absorption, possibly causing overheating and the breakdown of the unit if this issue is prolonged without a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service.
- Condensation drain issues — Regular ducted reverse cycle air conditioning services prevent your ducts from reducing humidity and overflowing. This can lead to unpleasant odours, blocked filters and water leaks, severely damaging your walls and furniture, and running the risk of mould growth.
- Clogged or dirty filters — Since filters on ducted systems are deep in the ductwork, it requires the expertise of a professional technician to rectify the issue. Clogged or dirty filters increase the build-up of harmful allergens being dispersed in the air.
- Electrical issues — Does your unit randomly shut off for no apparent reason? If flipping the circuit breaker back to its original position doesn’t do the trick, an electrical fault could be causing your system to overheat. You’re best off relying on an experienced technician for a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service.
Why regular ducted air conditioning system repair services are essential
Ducted air conditioning systems are advanced units that require regular maintenance to run at an optimal level. Regular servicing ensures:
- Extended lifetime — The life of your air conditioner is extended to run well over its advertised lifetime.
- Optimal performance — Your unit performs at high efficiency, maintaining the desired temperature while removing moisture from the air.
- Reduced energy costs — Your unit won’t overwork to achieve your desired heating or cooling level, keeping energy costs down.
- Minimise health hazards — Regular services minimise the build-up of dirt and debris in the unit, which prevents it from overworking. This reduces pollution and its related health hazards.
Booking in regular services means you can detect minor issues early on and avoid costly repairs. At Climate Plus, we recommend annual ducted reverse cycle air conditioning services from our Canberra expert technicians to ensure optimal efficiency and avoid long-term issues.
Consider a thorough inspection from Climate Plus if you use your air conditioner regularly. By organising regular services, you won’t need to worry about upkeep — our expert team will ensure you’re in good hands.
By locals in Canberra, for locals in Canberra
We are completely locally owned and operated with an excellent reputation, and the chances are that you know someone who has used our services. Don’t just take our word for it — check out our Google My Business page for proof. Our excellent ducted reverse cycle air conditioning Canberra service makes Climate Plus the most highly reviewed company in Canberra. We are the best choice for Canberra heating and cooling system repairs, so give us a call when you have a problem.
Contact us to discuss your needs.